Saturday, December 8, 2012

Mascara and primer from tarte and a FOTD!

 Let's talk about mascara, baby!  If I had to pick only three things to last me the rest of my makeup life it would be sunscreen, eyeliner, and mascara.  Seriously, I don't own a ton of mascaras but it's one of the few items that I have to wear.


So I just HAD to nab this $10 steal from Sephora's Black Friday sale.  This has a full size 

tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara ($19) and a mini size tube of tarte MultiplEYE Clinically-Proven Natural Lash Enhancing Primer ($22 for full size).



This is an incredible value but it doesn't seem to be on Sephora's website anymore.  I still thought I'd review it since you can buy the tubes by themselves on Sephora's website.


The mascara comes is a wooden tube.  It might be bamboo?  I actually really like the novelty of it and like how the tube feels when I hold it.  Plus, it seems easier to grip the wand when applying the mascara.


The wands are a nice design and not big and clubby like some wands.  (I hate those clubby things!  So unwieldy!)


So how does it work?

Here's my eye with the primer on the left and bare lashes on the right:

Mascara over primer on the left, bare lashes on the right:

Primer and mascara on both eyes:

This creates lovely, fluttery lashes that hold a curl incredibly well.  Check out the side view:

I think this mascara is really amazing.  I love the fluttery way my lashes look after application.  I think the primer does a really nice job of amping up the mascara and making my lashes longer.

Here's a Face of the Day (FOTD) that I did using this mascara and primer:


Products used:
- SolBar PF 50 Sunscreen
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light
- tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian clay finishing powder
- Benefit Coralista boxed blush
- Too Faced Snow Bunny Bronzer
- Urban Decay eyeshadows in Sidecar and Smog
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Hustle
- tarte Maracuja lip gloss in Nuria

tarte MultiplEYE Clinically-Proven Natural Lash Enhancing Primer

- tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara 


I wanted to go with a nice, neutral, subdued look since I'm wearing such a sparkly-farkly top!

XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment