Sunday, December 2, 2012

Get Carried Away with tarte this holiday season!

Get ready for a super picture-heavy post as I rave the new Sephora-exclusive Carried Away palette!


This thing is an absolute steal!  It's $54 for a $512 value!  Wooo-hooo!


This has 24 full size eyeshadows, eight lip glosses, one blush, one brush, one mascara, and one finishing powder!  Such an amazing value.


Oh, and it comes in an amazing travel kit that you can easily add your own stuff in to when you're traveling.


The shadows are housed in a slim palette that slides behind the large mirror on the inside of the palette.  I think this is a really effective use of space that so many other brands don't utilize in their mega-huge holiday palettes.


Each shadow is named, which I really appreciate.  This palette is a nice mix of neutrals and pops of color.  Plus, I like that they're grouped together in groups of four so you can easily create eye looks.  Sometimes big palettes overwhelm me and I don't know how to create a look.  This takes the guess work out of it!




Left side of the palette 
Right side of the palette
You can see that some shades are very neutral and hardly visible.  The shadows tarte produces are buttery and dense but are not nearly as intensely pigmented as Urban Decay or MAC.  


Next there are the eight mini glosses:


These are so nice and I really love them!  They taste minty but it's a difficult mint to describe - it almost tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream!  It's amazing.  They all give a MLBB (my lips but better) look.


Gorgeous!
Next the included brush:

You can use this for either the blush or finishing powder - it works nicely for both.  I experienced very slight shedding the first time I used it but haven't had an subsequent shedding after that.


Finally, here are the mascara, finishing powder, and blush:



The finishing powder is white and provides a nice, matte finish.


The blush is in Adventurous and it's a rusty, shimmery blush.


It's a little ruddy on me but if you have a light hand it can look very natural.


Do you need this?  YES!  This is a great holiday palette and the value is incredible.  This would be a nice starter kit for someone who is just getting into makeup or tarte.

This was my last big purchase for myself before the holiday season!  I bought it when it first came out and I find myself reaching for it constantly.  I love the kit it comes in and I like it for traveling.

You can purchase HERE for $54.


XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment