Thursday, December 20, 2012

There's nothing tempting about this Temptress' Kiss

I've already shown you the L'Oreal and Project Runway collaboration lip glosses that I picked up but today I wanted to share with you the lipstick I grabbed.


This is The Temptress' Kiss and it's a good Fall color (although we're well past that now).  I feel like the stores around me are always so late in putting out product that we're already on to the next season.


This shade is a vampy burgundy/plum color and I've been wanting to add a shade like this to my stash for forever.


Unfortunately, the color isn't as opaque as I'd hoped, as you can see from these swatch photos.  I had to run the bullet over my arm several times to get the opacity you see here:


You may be wondering why I don't have lip swatches...well...I couldn't stand the smell.  Seriously, this smells like burning plastic and chemicals.  When I applied it, I thought I might literally be sick.  I decided to test it anyway but had to remove it after about 45 minutes because I kept gagging at the smell.


I gifted this to my sister because she loves to wear lip colors like this.  I warned her about the smell but she opened it and sniffed it and said it didn't bother her at all.  Weird!  I'm not super sensitive to fragrances but this was just a big no for me.

In the short time that I wore it, I found it to be very drying.  Considering that I had it on for less than an hour and it dried my lips, I'd say that's a pretty bad sign.

Add together the foul smell, poor color payoff, and drying property and this is a dud.  My sister seems to like it so I'm glad it works for someone!

You can find this in most drugstores or online HERE for $6.26.
XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment