Thursday, December 13, 2012

Base and top coats I love

Makeup is an incredibly personal thing - what works for some might not work for others.  This is true even in the nail world and you'll find that opinions on base and top coats range wildly.  Some swear by one product and others hate it.  Today I want to tell you about two base coats and three top coats that I adore.


Let's start with the base coats since that's where you start on your nails!  First up is Orly Bonder ($7.99).  This is a rubberized base coat that leaves nails feeling tacky!  It dries incredibly quickly but if you touch your nails they will feel like rubber.  It's crazy.  I find that this works really nicely with glitters.  

Second is OPI Natural Nail Base Coat ($8).  This is one of my HG products because it dries so quickly and applies in a really thin layer.  Speed is the name of the game for me when it comes to nails.


Which leads to my top coats that I love.  My top two favorites are quick-dry top coats.  The first is Orly In A Snap ($7.99).  This top coat dries incredibly quickly and leaves nails with a glossy shine.  

The second is Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat ($7.99).  This is a cult favorite and I can't believe how shiny it is.  I like to do my nails before bed and the worst thing is to wake up with the dreaded fabric imprints on nails.  

The final one isn't quick dry but it is beautiful  This is INM Northern Lights Hologram Top Coat ($5.99).  Hologram?  Umm...that's a bit much.  This won't give you a holographic nails BUT ti will give them a nice smattering of super-fine iridescent glitter.  So beautiful.

So there you have it!  I've linked to the products in their names in the post.


XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment