Monday, August 20, 2012

Reader Question: Covering Dark Circles

Today I have another reader question!  These are seriously my favorite posts to write.  (I have another reader question sitting in my inbox that I swear I'm going to answer soon.  I just want to make sure I have plenty of pictures and diagrams for that one.)

Here's what reader A.M. asked me:

"I have really terribly chronic dark undereye circles (totally unrelated to how much I sleep, which is a lot).  I'm pretty over it.  I put concealer on them but it really only tones it down just a little.  What is the best way/makeup for covering that up/what creams etc have you heard recommended on other blogs or wherever for minimizing them in general?"

Great question!  I have dark circles occasionally, too.  Today they aren't so bad, but I decided to do a walk-through on some of the products I use to cover up mine.  I haven't reviewed ANY of these products, but I will eventually.  First, let's look at my bare eye:


You can see I have some darkness at the inner corner.  Like I said, it's not too terrible, but still something I'd like to try to cover.


First, I put on some moisturizer with SPF.  Then, I put on my Skin 79 Super+ Beblesh Balm BB Cream VIP Gold as my foundation and spread some under my eyes.  You can see that the reduced some of the darkness, but not all.  (You can purchase Skin 79 Gold HERE for $8.79 + $4.49 shipping.)  


Next, I added some Too Faced Absolutely Flawless Flexible Coverage Concealer in Vanilla.  



(You can purchase this concealer on Too Faced's website HERE for $20.)  The key is to use just a small amount and blend it in.  You can always build it up more, but adding too much at the beginning will make your eyes look cakey.    


To finish the concealing, I patted on some Wet n Wild Natural Blend Pressed Powder.  The compact comes with a small sponge that's very great for application.



You can buy Wet n Wild Natural Blend Pressed Powder on Walgreen's website HERE for $4.99.

Another option for even heavier-duty coverage would be Missha Signature Extreme Cover Concealer with SPF 30 or Benefit Erase Paste.  The Erase Paste is very pigmented but didn't work for me because it was just a little too oily for my oily skin.

 Here's some other tips that you probably already know:  get lots of sleep (although you said that isn't a problem), drink your recommended water intake, and keep your under-eye area moisturized.  

I hope that helps!  Let me know how it goes for you!

XOXO

-K

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment