Thursday, August 2, 2012

Maybelline has a great deal for Great Lash lovers!

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara is a cult favorite that people tend to adore or hate.  And let's be clear:  I LOVE IT.  I think Great Lash has amazing, inky-black coverage that lasts and lasts.  I'll say that it's better for length and definition than volume.  Unfortunately, it's hard to get both in a mascara.


Also, hasn't every single American girl owned a tube of this at one point in our lives?  Yes.




Anyway, Maybelline is having a MAJOR deal right now which I spotted at Wal-Mart.  Not only do you get Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes, you also get Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Balm!  I have no idea if you can purchase it elsewhere but you might want to try.  I got mine for $5.79





(I'm sorry, but mascara ads are getting ridiculous.  If you had that many eyelashes, your eyelids would hurt.  Just saying.)



Let's break it down:  A tube of Baby Lips is $3.99 and a tube of Great Lash is $6.40.  That's $10.49 for both products and I got it for $5.79!  I might not have picked up the Baby Lips on its own but since I'm always needing a tube of Great Lash, it was a remarkable deal!  I may even go back and pick up a few more...
Maybelline Baby Lips Pink Punch


I've heard tons of raves for Baby Lips and the general consensus is that it's very moisturizing.  The pack I got had Baby Lips Pink Punch.  The other option looks too mauve and the other one looked completely color-less.


 Baby Lips Pink Punch
Baby Lips Pink Punch

Unfortunately, I wish I had picked a color-less one.  Pink Punch doesn't look right on me.  It's too "mod" and I dislike it.  The slippy balm texture would be nice to put on before bed to moisturize but I'm afraid it'll stain my pillowcases.  ~Sigh~  I may have to gift this one since I really consider that I got it for "free."


 Baby Lips Pink Punch
Baby Lips Pink Punch


Of course I'm thrilled with Great Lash Very Black and I have to say that the Lots of Lashes brush is fabulous.  This is the same formula, just a different brush.  The shape is really good for lifting and separating - brilliant!







Yes, I think I'm going to need to go grab a few more.  This is a HG mascara and who doesn't want to stock up when they're on the cheap?!

 Bare eye
Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Very Black (one coat)

You can buy Lots of Lashes HERE and Baby Lips HERE.

Do you love Great Lash?  Hate it?  Any experience with Baby Lips?  Do tell!

XOXO

-K

P.S.
Feel free to email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com or tweet me at OrangeLipstickK.

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment