Thursday, August 30, 2012

Jordana blushes are so budget friendly that'll you'll need them all!


Big apologies for being MIA yesterday!  I had a routine doctor appointment and then had accounting tutoring with my dad for 3.5 hours!  I fully intended to write a piece about these wonderful new Jordana Color Tint Blush Sticks but I just didn’t make it.  So, you’re getting the deets today!

L-R
Coral Touch, Pink Adore, Rose Petal, Apple Cheeks, Blushed

I wrote about these before in my post on budget blushes and I finally caved and ordered some online.  I am loathe to pay shipping but I did it anyway because I just couldn’t resist these cuties.  They’re $2.99 each and the shipping was $5.  (I hate when the shipping is more than the product!)  I picked up five of them because I wasn’t crazy about Bronze Glow.

 L-R
Coral Touch, Pink Adore, Rose Petal, Apple Cheeks, Blushed

I ended up with Blushed, Coral Touch, Rose Petal, Pink Adore, and Apple Cheeks.

These are wee little things that are too adorable for words.  I really love how small and portable they are – very travel-friendly.  Plus, you don’t need a brush to make these blushes work.  Simply swipe them on the apples of your cheeks and then blend out with your fingertips.

Top L-R Coral Touch, Pink Adore, Rose Petal
Bottom L-R Apple Cheeks, Blushed


These take a couple of swipes to reach full intensity, which can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.  Personally, I think the beauty of a cream blush is that it’s difficult to overdo it.  You can slowly build to just the right color.  If you’re into really flushed cheeks, you may be annoyed that you have to swipe it a couple of times.  (Apple Cheeks is really the only exception to this!)

L-R
Coral Touch, Pink Adore, Rose Petal, Apple Cheeks, Blushed


My favorite is Coral Touch, of course!  I’m obsessed with coral blushes.  My second favorite was Apple Cheeks.  I’ve never worn a true red blush before but I think it looks really nice.  Rose Petal is a little icy and I’m not too sure what to make of it.

These have a pretty strong scent of baby powder, so if you have a sensitive nose they may not be for you.  I know some people get irritated skin from fragrances, so you might want to pass if that applies to you.

Top L-R Coral Touch, Pink Adore, Rose Petal
Bottom L-R Apple Cheeks, Blushed


All in all, I’m thrilled that I purchased these.  They give me a nice flush that last throughout the day.  I will say that they last much better on top of primer and foundation than just on bare skin.  I tested them on bare skin one day and they seemed to slide around and not dry down.  Not cool.

Do you need ‘em?  Yes!  They’re cheap!  My order total was less than $20 for five blushes that I consider to be high quality – that’s a steal!

These aren’t available in stores at the moment but you can order them online HERE.


What color would you want to nab?  Do you think you could pull off Bronze Glow (unlike me)?

XOXO

-K

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.



No comments:

Post a Comment