Thursday, August 16, 2012

Reader Question: Budget Blushes


Today I have a reader question that came from my sister!  She sent me a text with a picture of her Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes tube saying that she had picked it up (on my recommendation) and was loving both the mascara and the Baby Lips.  Sweet!  Then she sent me a follow up text:

“I need a recommendation for a good, reasonably priced blush, please :) ”

Sure thing, sis!  Now, I’m going to admit that I haven’t tried any of these out yet myself BUT I do read a lot of beauty blogs and these blushes pop up all over.  Blush is one of the few things that I’ve always stuck to high-end for, but I’m getting interested in some of these budget options!  So, here are my picks for budget blushes!  

Jordana Color Tint Blush Stick - $2.99 (Buy here)
Photo taken from Jordana's website

Stick blushes are all the rage right now.  You simply swipe them on and blend them out with your fingertips.  (Of course, be careful if you also use powder.  You’ll want to put these on before powder application.)  These are a STEAL at $2.99.  I’m actually about to order almost all of them!  You can only get them on Jordana’s website but let’s all pray to the makeup gods that they’ll be available in drugstores soon, mmkay?!    

Milani Baked Bronzer - $7.99 (Buy here)
Photo taken from Milani's website

Oh, Milani.  I love your lipsticks and your nail polishes – I can’t tell you how much you tempt me with these baked bronzers.  (You say bronzers…but let’s just admit that you are a blush!)  These remind me so much of the super-expensive blushes that just came out in the MAC Heavenly Creatures collection.  I just couldn’t make myself spring for those, but I think I may have to have one of these to satisfy the craving!  
Milani Baked Blush in Fantastico
Photo taken from Milani's website

Look at that purple-y color!  Wowza!  

Milani Powder Mosaics Bronzer and Brightener - $7.99 (Buy here)

Photo taken from Milani's website

Another pretty from Milani.  These are lovely, but they don’t excite me as much as the Baked Bronzers.  These are another blush option that won’t break the bank.

L’Oreal Paris Project Runway Blush - $8.57 (Buy here)

Photo taken from Walmart's website

The Muse (from Musings of a Muse) raves about the Project Runway Blushes.  They are part of the Fall offerings coming up so keep your eye peeled for them at Wal-Mart and other drugstore-type places.  I know this link only shows you one blush, but I promise that there are new and exciting ones coming out for Fall.  I’ve seen pictures on other blogs but can’t seem to find any promotional images.  I’ll update y’all if I find something.

e.l.f. Studio Blush - $3 (Buy here)
Photo taken from e.l.f.'s website

Blush for $3?  I’ll take it.  The great thing about having a cheap blush is that you can afford to keep one at home and take one in your purse.  That way you can do touch-ups on the road.  I’ve heard good things about these babies and I like the color selection!  {EDIT:  My sister ordered three of these!}  

The Balm Frat Boy - $21 (Buy here or find it on sale for dirt cheap at T.J. MAXX)

Photo taken from The Balm's website

Here’s my final pick.  I know you’re looking at the price tag going, “Girl, you said BUDGET blushes!”  Well, let me tell you that I’ve seen The Balm products at T.J. Maxx for much cheaper!  So, if you have a T.J. Maxx nearby, you should definitely cruise the makeup aisle to see what’s hiding there.  I have wanted to buy The Balm products there so many times but always make myself resist.  However, Frat Boy is just so beautiful and I love the packaging!  If I saw it there, I’d nab it. 

I hope that helps and gets you thinking about some budget options for your stash!  What blush colors do you tend to like?  Baby pink?  Fuchsia?  Coral?  Red?  Do tell!

XOXO

-K

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment