Sunday, August 26, 2012

Purple isn't possible with Maybelline Pop of Purple mascara


I've already told y'all just how much I love Maybelline Great Lash mascara.  So when I saw that Maybelline was coming out with four limited edition colors of Great Lash, I was thrilled!  I initially wanted to grab one of each color; however, I decided to just try one and see how it was before indulging in all of them.



Well, I'm glad I waited.  I grabbed Pop of Purple and I was a little disappointed in the results.  The color is a true purple and it almost looks like it has little bits of goldy-red shimmer in it.  Although you can see the color well on the wand and in the swatch, it just doesn't translate to eyelashes.  (The other available shades are Totally Teal, Blink of Blue and Go Go Green.)  


They haven't sacrificed the formula - it still applies easily without clumps.  Unfortunately the  color just isn't there.  This might work on people with really light blond lashes, but it won't work on people with brown or black lashes.   




I used Pop of Purple in an eye look.  This is one of my favorite looks for going out and I think it looks nice with my green eyes!  I used:

*UDPP over entire eye
*Wet n Wild Color Icon palette in Petal Pusher - Left eyelid color and right browbone color blended on lid
*Laura Mercier Violet Sky in crease and used wet as a liner
*Urban Decay Ecstasy on outer part of lid (Ecstasy is discontinued now but you can still find it for sale at a lot of places)
*Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Liner on upper waterline
*Maybelline Great Lash Pop of Purple on upper lashes




You can pick these up at almost any drugstore.  I got mine at Walgreens for $5.49.  I definitely don't regret picking it up because it will work just fine for everyday use.  I'm just disappointed that it isn't super dramatic. 

What's your go-to look for going out?  Are you going to indulge in any of the LE mascaras?


XOXO

-K

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.



No comments:

Post a Comment