Thursday, August 2, 2012

Purrrrfect cat-eyes with Maybelline gel eyeliner

Do you love a crisp, black cat-eye look?  Adele sure knows how to rock it and I'm always jealous of how great it looks on her.


In an attempt to recreate the iconic cat-eye look I turned to Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Eyeliner in Blackest Black.





(Photo taken from Maybelline's website)

First of all, let me say that the eyeliner isn't nearly as goopy as it looks in that picture.  Sure, it's creamy and pigmented but...that promo picture looks gross.
 That's better!  You can see that my jar has already been well-loved!
(Photo taken from Maybelline's website.)

This little glass pot comes with a plastic lid and a good quality brush.  I like that the pot is glass - it makes it feel more high-end.  I find the brush is really good at making thin flicks and thicker lines.  

You have to know that I'm TERRIBLE at applying gel or liquid eyeliner but I have to say that this baby has helped.  


Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Eyeliner in Blackest Black

When they say "Blackest Black" they really mean it!  Look how pigmented and nice that is!  Plus, you really only need one swipe for opaque coverage.  Just make sure to let it set for about 30 seconds before adding anything else like mascara.

I will say this has some flaking and fading after about five-six hours but it's great for a night out!

You can buy it HERE for $9.99.  There are four shades:  Blackest Black, Brown, Charcoal, and Eggplant.

XOXO

-K

P.S.
Feel free to email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com or tweet me at OrangeLipstickK

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment