Sunday, August 5, 2012

If you give a girl some makeup...

Have you ever read If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff?  My mom used to read that to me all the time when I was little and it's an awesome book!


(Photo taken from Wikipedia)

Anyway, the book is about how if you give a mouse a cookie he'll also want milk and a story and...

Well, sometimes I feel that way about my makeup!  Yesterday, I had to run to Kroger and I was barefaced.  I thought, "I'll just put on some milk of magnesia."  Then, since I was already at my makeup table I decided that I should put on some BB cream to test for wear.  Then I thought, "Well, it'd just be rude not to put on some blush..."

Long story short, I ended up with a full face of makeup.  Whoops!  Anyway, here's the eye look I ended up with:



Yeahhh...that's a turquoise cat-eye look.  A little dramatic for Kroger, yes?  Well, I've been wanting to try it for a while and what better time than a Saturday afternoon?  I used Urban Decay's Deep End out of my 15 Year Anniversary Palette.  I applied it wet with a small concealer brush.  I was pretty happy with how it turned out!

Later that night I thought I might as well top the whole turquoise look up with one of my favorite nail polishes.



This little pretty is Milani Nail Lacquer in Key West.  If you've never visited the lovely Key West you should definitely go!  It is a party all the time and a very fun place to be.  I think the namesake of this polish is why it has such a special place in my heart.




This is a beautiful turquoise/teal foil.  The color is so deep and amazing - I can't find a fault with this!  I'm wearing two coats in these pictures.  The color is thin enough to work with easily and it dries quickly.  I also have great wearing power with this baby.  You can find it in some CVS stores or you can but it on Milani's website for $4.49.

(Not sure why my hands look so red in this picture - I think the lighting was bad.)

XOXO

-K

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment