Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Yummy caramel balm hydrates lips with TokyoMilk

First things first - yesterday I went for my follow-up visit to the dermatologist and he told me that the biopsy of the mole they removed was benign.  Yay!  Sunscreen is my friend!

This is my mother's African violet.  It's so pretty that I couldn't resist taking a picture with it!
Anyway, today I'm bringing you a look at a delicious lip balm.  I first saw these wonderful tins on Scrangie's blog HERE.  Let me just say that I'm not a huge lip balm fan and never have been.  I just feel like they're too slippy, greasy, and not hydrating. 


This is the exception to my experience!  These TokyoMilk Dark lip balms are such creative scents/flavors and I just couldn't miss out on the Salted Caramel flavor!


You can purchase HERE.  The tins are $7 each and contain a respectable 0.7 oz of product.  The flavors include Salted Caramel, Clove Cigarette, La Vie En Rose, Coco Noir, Absinthe, and Cherry Bourbon.  Yum, yum, yum!


This smells so freaking amazing.  I adore caramel and salted caramel is the ultimate decadent treat!  I just had to have this.  Fortunately, the caramel smell isn't sickly sweet or obnoxiously artificial.  It's so natural - like walking into a gourmet candy store and picking up a salted caramel.  There's a slight candy corn smell to it and it tastes lightly sweet.


What don't I like about this?  Well, I dislike that the first ingredient is petroleum - basically Vaseline.  However, for $7 and a decadent smell, I can hang with it.  Secondly, I hate that it's a pot because I don't like sticking my fingers in the jar.  Eww, germs.  Lastly, the green band must be either removed or cut along the opening.  I chose to cut along the line so I could keep the cute bee!


I can see this being a problem because I'm sure it'll pick up the lint, dirt, detritus, etc. from my purse.  Either way, I'll keep it there until it becomes gross and then I'll remove it.

Do you need this?  Well, do you like caramel?  If yes, you MUST have it.  The formula is silky smooth and hydrating.  It doesn't slip and slide on lips; nor does it just migrate to the edges of my lips. 


XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment