Sunday, October 21, 2012

Meet some of my favorite scents!

Do you know there are fragrance bloggers?  Yes, there are bloggers who devote almost all their blogging time to fragrance!  I think that's awesome because my nose is not nearly as trained as their noses!  I get jealous when I read the glorious descriptions they write!  I pretty much just like what I like!


So today, I'm bringing you my Marc Jacobs fragrances gift set that my mom gave me for Christmas.  I LOVE this thing and use these scents in rotation.  They include (descriptions taken from Marc Jacobs Fragrance's website):

Daisy
Fresh and feminine, Daisy is a playful bright and alluring scent. Daisy captivates with the luscious freshness of wild strawberry, then blooms with the modern vintage edge of velvety violet petals and finishes with a luminous blend of gardenia and jasmine. The white accords of birch and cedarwood add a bit of intensity. 

Top notes: strawberry, violet leaves
Mid notes: violet petals, jasmine bouquet 
Base notes: musk, vanilla infusion



Daisy Eau So Fresh
Daisy Eau So Fresh has a charming twist on our classic fragrance, Eau So Fresh is more fruity, bubbly and more fun than our classic. 
Top layer: Natural Raspberry, Grapefruit, Pear
Mid base: Violets, Wild Rose, Apple Blossom
Dry base: Musks, Cedarwood, Plum


Lola
Sexy with a fun flirtatious wink, Lola is playfully alluring and irresistibly tempting. A warm floral bouquet with a signature note of luscious fuchsia peony.
Top notes: pink peppercorn, pear, ruby red grapefruit
Mid notes: peony, rose, geranium 
Base notes: vanilla, tonka bean, musk



These are all rollerballs, which is probably my preferred method of perfume application.  You can be very precise with a rollerball!  My favorite scent out of the trio is Daisy Eau So Fresh.



The caps are neatly labeled so you can know which is which with ease.  I keep these in one of my repurposed Pantone Color of the Year boxes and can only see the tops.  It's easy to grab the right one!

I get compliments all the time when I wear these, especially Daisy Eau So Fresh!

This set was around $38 - I don't know the exact amount because it was a gift.  The two Daisy rollerballs are $20 each individually and the Lola one is $22.  That's $62 so this is a good deal.  Plus, as I said, I've been using these exclusively since December 2011 and they're still going strong! 

Do you need this set?  Well, I would recommend checking these out at your nearest department store, Ulta, or Sephora first.  Make sure you like them before you pick them up!  Plus, be looking for more holiday deals that are sure to crank up really soon!

XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items in this post were given to the author as a gift.

1 comment: