Sunday, October 14, 2012

Blue and silver pride on my nails!

Recently I went to my college's homecoming.  It was a lot of fun and so great to see the beautiful campus and some old friends!

In honor of my trip, I painted my nails with my college's colors:  blue and silver.


I used two coats of China Glaze Up All Night which is a wonderful deep blue cream.  It's not quite navy - just a rich, deep blue.


I used one coat of OPI Silver Shatter on top.  Top coats had a huge moment in the sun starting about 1.5 years ago but they're still going pretty strong!



Each nail crackles differently to reveal the base color underneath.  


(Excuse the big gouge in my middle finger nail!)


My silver shatter had gotten very thick, as most shatter polishes tend to do.  So, I just added some Sally's Beauty Supply brand nail polish thinner.  


Just a couple of drops of this straight into the bottle made the polish get back to normal consistency.

Love it!  This helped show my school spirit!  I'm already planning my blue and silver manicure for next year!

You can buy OPI Silver Shatter HERE ($5.75), China Glaze Up All Night HERE ($6.49), and polish thinner HERE ($4.29).


XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment