Friday, September 7, 2012

Ulta Extreme Wear Cream Eyeshadow is extreme in all the wrong ways

Do you ever hope a product will work perfectly just because it seems so perfect?  Yeah, I think all beauty lovers have been there.

I had high hopes for Ulta Extreme Wear Cream Eyeshadow.  These are normally $8 but appear to be on sale for $4.  (I got mine a while back when it was on sale for $4.)  You can purchase in Ulta stores or HERE.



I snapped up 100 Rising Star, which is a shimmery champagne shade.  There are ten color choices.


These have a great doe-foot applicator (my favorite kind).  Because of the applicator, I find it odd that Ulta claims, "the sponge applicator makes it easy to shade the entire lid as a shadow or create a fine line as a liner."  Ummm...a liner?  Yes, it's easy to cover the entire lid but definitely don't see this being small enough to use as a liner.


But no worries - you won't be able to use this as a liner anyway because the pigmentation is awful.  


This is waaaayyy too patchy and creases up in all the wrong places.  It takes forever to dry down - so long in fact, that I think it's time-prohibitive to wear it.  (We're talking 4-5 minutes here.)  Plus, the shimmer is out of control on this one - not a good look on the eyes.

All in all, this one is a dud.  Save your $4 (or $8) to put toward something better.  There are much better products on the market!


XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

1 comment:

  1. While there are certainly some products that the store brand is awesome, I've never found Ulta to be one of those store brands to really come through. Their nail polishes always seem a bit too runny and their other products don't seem high quality. Luckily, Ulta *carries* some fantastic brands, so they're still one of my top 3 makeup destinations!

    ReplyDelete