Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wet n Wild Color Icon Mini-series Part 4: Petal Pusher

Today I'm bringing you Part 4 of my Wet n Wild Color Icon shadow mini-series and this is the first eight pan palette I'm going to show you! 


This grouping of purple and garnet hues is Petal Pusher.  It features the standard browbone, crease, and eyelid setup but with the added benefit of a defining shade.



Now, purples are notoriously finicky and these are no different.  They are rather soft but they have only decent color payout.  Plus, they can look a wee bit powdery on the eyes.



You can see that I adore the eyelid shade on this side!


I like to mix the eyelid shade on the left with the browbone shade on the right for a custom color.  (I used it in THIS look.)



All swatches were done dry on bare skin, no primer.

Left side

Right side
As you can see, the shades are rather patchy.  I like this palette, but I don't love it.  The dark shades on the right side go completely unused by me.

These eight pan palettes are $4.99 but unfortunately I'm not sure this one is worth it.  You can grab these at almost any drugstore.

Part 5 is headed your way tomorrow, dears!

Part 1:  I Got Good Jeans

XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment