Thursday, September 27, 2012

Easy eye makeup removal from Neutrogena

Attention!  We interrupt your regularly schedule blog-reading to bring you breaking news:  Makeup isn't always glamorous!

Well, it isn't really breaking news because probably most of y'all know that already by now!


Yes, just like the classic, "What goes up, must come down," idea, makeup follows the "What goes on, must come off," rule!


That's where makeup removers come in.  Most of the time washing my face is sufficient to get off my makeup.  However, I often have eyeliners and mascaras sticking around even after I want them gone.


So I recently invested in a bottle of Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.  I purchased this dual-phase product with some hesitancy.  You see, most eye makeup removers burn my eyes are create an odd film on them that makes me momentarily blind.  Not cute.


Like I said, this product is dual-phase meaning that the components split while sitting, as you can see in the picture.  Just make sure you shake up the bottle well before using!


Ok, so here's a test to show you how really great this product is.  In the above picture (from L-R) I have two eyeliners, one mascara, one liquid eyeliner, and one cream shadow.


This is with one swipe of the cotton ball right across the middle!  Wow!


This is after running over the area a couple of times with a clean cotton ball.  If you click to enlarge the picture, you can see that there's really nothing left except the faint line of the black, liquid liner.

The product is amazing!  It promises to remove even water-proof makeup and I find that it works extremely well for that.  I can get away with using only one cotton ball for both eyes (if it's a large size cotton ball) or two of the tiny cotton balls I have.  No scrubbing involved!  The remover takes off product easily and quickly.

The best part is that this doesn't burn my eyes at all!  Plus, even though it is oil-free, I still feel like the area is very moisturized afterward without feeling greasy.  Of course, if you use too much you might find that your vision is a little fuzzy but a couple of blinks will take care of that.

You need a bottle of this stuff - I find myself reaching for it every single night before bed.

I got mine from CVS with a Neutrogena coupon that I had but you can find it HERE for $6.39.  (That's the marked price at CVS, too.)

XOXO

-Kaitlin


Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog



No comments:

Post a Comment