Friday, July 6, 2012

First post, y'all!


What better first post for a blog named Orange Lipstick than one that explores Sephora's Tangerine Tango lipgloss and lipstick offerings?  This $14 pack of four lipglosses is part of 2012's Pantone Color of the Year.

Now, I'd like to mention that I was on the orange trend waaaaay before it ever even became a trend.  It all started with an orange purse that kind of became my trademark in 2006.  Then, I got an orange car…to match my purse.  (Kidding.  Sort of.)  It all went downhill after that with orange clothes, shoes, purses, scarves, passport covers, wallets, jewelry, etc.

*ahem*

So where was I?  Oh, yes.  So, I have to say that when orange became a huge trend it was both exhilarating and sad.  I was excited that everyone was finally catching up with my beloved color and sad that it would eventually go "out of trend."  (Not like that would stop me from rocking it forevs.)

Nevertheless, I couldn't resist picking up the set of four lipglosses and one lipstick.  Without further ado, here they are:

 Left to Right
Tangerine Tango Opal
Tangerine Tango Vivid
Tangerine Tango Glaze
Tangerine Tango Luminous

 

Left to Right
Opal, Vivid, Glaze, Luminous


 Left to Right
Opal, Vivid, Glaze, Luminous

 Left to Right
Opal, Vivid, Glaze, Luminous

 Opal
 Opal

 Vivid
 Vivid

 Glaze
 Glaze

 Luminous
 Luminous

Detail to show the spatula-type applicator



You can imagine that my favorite of the group is Vivid.  The color is a great "traffic cone" orange that just looks amazing.  Be careful, though - this one loves to migrate to teeth.  Be sure to blot after applying!

Of course my least favorite is Glaze.  I understand what they were going for - not everyone can pull off a ridiculously orange lip.  I think the idea was to have something to pair nicely with the lipstick.

Opal and Luminous look similar when swatched, but as you can see Luminous looks much more opaque on the lips.  

The lipstick is named Tangerine Tango Cream and goes for $13.  As fantastic as it looks in the bullet, it isn't opaque on the lips.  I like to pair it with Opal.  Pairing it with Vivid is just overkill and honestly the lipstick gets lost in Vivid.











My only complaint is the lipstick is a bit slippy and there is a strange and unknown grit to it.  I have no idea where that comes from but I don't like it.

How do you feel about Sephora's Pantone Color of the Year collection?  Loving it?  Did you haul any of it?  I have to admit the brush roll called my name but I resisted.

XOXO

-K


P.S.
Feel free to email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com or tweet me at OrangeLipstickK

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment