Sunday, July 22, 2012

NYX eyeshadow base doesn't cut it

Do you use eyeshadow primer?  If you don't, you totally should.  A good eye primer will help eyeshadows be more vibrant and keep them in place all day without creasing.  A bad primer...won't do any of that!  

My HG eyeshadow primer is Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP), which is much loved in the makeup community.  I'll review UDPP eventually because I really am in love with it but today I want to show you a BAD primer.  


NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone (ESB03)

NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone (ESB03)

Don't get me wrong...many people adore NYX Eyeshadow Base.  My makeup-obsessed friend, Megan, really digs this stuff.  However, I find that it doesn't do ANYTHING to prevent creasing on my eyelids.

 NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone (ESB03)
 NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone (ESB03)

Also, although this may be "skin tone" for some people, it certainly isn't for me.  I find it makes my eye look unnatural.  


NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone (ESB03) (Swatched heavily)

All in all, this is a "skip" product.  I don't find myself reaching for it unless I'm absolutely OUT of my UDPP.  They also sell this product in White (ESB01) and White Pearl (ESB02).  I'd be interested to know if those are any better.

This product sells for $7 for 0.8 and you can buy it at Ulta or on NYX's website.  (You can find it on Amazon for $5.10!)

-K

P.S.
Feel free to email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com or tweet me at OrangeLipstickK

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment