Wednesday, July 11, 2012

This Pantone product seems to be lying...

I'll be the first to admit that blush is one item that I don't get too hot and bothered about.  Sure, I love a good blush:  NARS Orgasm and Benefit Coralista are absolute favorites.  However, I don't stockpile blushes the way I do shadows and lipsticks/glosses.

So imagine my own surprise when I positively freaked over the Sephora Pantone Universe Color of the Year Blush Duo ($18 for 0.38 oz ).  I ignored the fact that the blushes seemed a bit too powdery because I was so enamored with the packaging.  A magnetic lid that slides right off?  Nifty!  (I am the biggest sucker for interesting packaging!) 


L - Desert Flower; R - Coral
 L - Desert Flower; R - Coral
 Desert Flower
 Coral


While the packaging is pretty neat, but it does make this duo travel-unfriendly.  Even though the magnets are strong, the lid could slide off too easily in your makeup bag and leave a huuuuge mess.

Regardless, check out these swatches:


Swatched heavily, then blended
L - Desert Flower; R - Coral

 Desert Flower (swatched heavily)

Coral (swatched heavily)


Sephora describes Desert Flower as "light orange matte," which I can definitely see.  However, they describe Coral as "Color of the Year with gold shimmer."  Maybe it's just me, but I would have preferred a truer orange similar to Benefit Cha Cha Tint or NARS Taj Mahal.  Plus.I wasn't aware that "Coral" was the color of the year.I thought it was Tangerine
Tango!

So, is this something you need?  No way.  The blushes are way too powdery and kick up powder everywhere at the slightest touch.  Coral emphasizes pores and looks too glittery on my cheeks.  Desert Flower just doesn't look right on my skin:  not good, not bad, but just meh.  These are pretty in the pan and I do reach for them occasionally, but I'd rather have some more interesting shades.

How about you?  Did you nab it?  Do you love it?  Hate it?  What's your go-to blush?


XOXO


-K


P.S.
Feel free to email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com or tweet me at OrangeLipstickK


All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment