Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Get Naked with Urban Decay!


It’s here!  It’s finally here!  

The much-buzzed-about Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup is here at last!

I can’t even tell you how pumped I am about this.  Urban Decay is my favorite brand EVER and I’ve been waiting with bated breath to finally meet this formula.  I’m seeing a trip to Sephora in my future!
(Photo taken from Sephora's website)

I really applaud Urban Decay for making a range of 18 colors that goes from very fair to very dark.  Making your range accessible to people of all skin tones is incredibly awesome in my book! 

(Photo taken from Urban Decay's website)


Of course, I always recommend grabbing a sample before you commit to any new foundation.  You need to make sure the product is a good color match and that it’s going to work on your skin type before committing.  My father says this about marriage, but I think it applies to foundation, too:  Marry Buy in haste, repent at leisure!

(Photo taken from Urban Decay's website)

Another option is to use the nifty tool on Urban Decay’s website that lets you input your current foundation and they’ll shade-match for you!  Neat!  I love that it takes the guess work out of the equation.  Of course, they don’t have many brand options and definitely no drug-store options.  However, I’ve been color matched to MUFE and Laura Mercier (as you saw in THIS POST).  Both MUFE HD Liquid 117 and Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation in Cream Ivory led me to Naked Skin 2.0.

(Photo taken from Urban Decay's website)

That leads me to the awesome naming system:  Naked Skin with cool undertones end in .5, while colors with warm undertones end in .0.  If you know your undertone, this can help you find your color.  If you don’t know your undertone, ask a professional the next time you’re at a makeup counter, Ulta, or Sephora.

Naked Skin is $38 for 1 fl oz.  You can buy through Urban Decay’s website – they’re currently having free shipping on all Naked products, so this might be a good time to pick up one of the Naked palettes if you haven’t yet!

XOXO

-K


P.S.
Feel free to email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com or tweet me at OrangeLipstickK






No comments:

Post a Comment