Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tattoo your eyes with 24 hour color


Yay or nay on tattoos?  Personally, I couldn't ever get one because I'm TERRIFIED of needles!  Plus, I don't think I could ever commit to permanent body ink.

However, Maybelline promises a tattoo-like effect for 24 hours with their Eyestudio Color Tattoo 24 HR Cream Gel Shadow.  Now that I can get behind!

They currently have ten shades for sale (ranging from brights to neutrals) and I snapped up two:  Bad to the Bronze and Tough as Taupe.  


L - Bad to the Bronze
R - Tough as Taupe
 L - Bad to the Bronze
R - Tough as Taupe
 L - Bad to the Bronze
R - Tough as Taupe
 L - Bad to the Bronze
R - Tough as Taupe

Now, I have no idea why you would want to wear ANY eye makeup for 24 hours.  We all know you shouldn't sleep in your makeup (right?  RIGHT?!) so I personally don't know if these last 24 hours.

However, in my wear tests of 16 hours, these wore like steel.  No budging, no migrating, and most importantly, no creasing!  These are incredible and I highly recommend them!

 L - Bad to the Bronze
R - Tough as Taupe
L - Bad to the Bronze
R - Tough as Taupe


My favorite is Bad to the Bronze - I find that it goes well with all kinds of colors, especially deep olives and golds.  Tough as Taupe has been a little more difficult to match, but it does well as just a wash of color.  

If one layer of color isn't enough, try to make sure that the first layer is dry before you apply another layer.  Also, be sure to blend the edges quickly because these dry down and stay down!

I picked these up for around $7 a piece at Target but you can find them at any drugstore.  Keep your eyes open for sales - sometimes they have buy one, get one half off.  You can see more at Maybelline's website, HERE.

XOXO

-K

P.S.
Feel free to email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com or tweet me at OrangeLipstickK

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment