Friday, November 9, 2012

This applicator is only handy in theory, unfortunately

Gold eyeshadow = one of my favorite things ever!


So today I want to show you Bare Minerals High Shine Eyeshadow in Gold Medal ($12).


I don't see this shade listed on Ulta's website anymore so who knows if it's discontinued.  However, I did want to show it to you so you can see the packaging and formula.


This has a spring-loaded, sponge-tip applicator.  When you pull it out of the tube, it pops out - which isn't good, in this case.


This causes the loose shadow inside to fluff out everywhere.  I get gold shimmer everywhere when using this product.


Unfortunately, this shadow does not have the best pigmentation, as you can see.  This definitely works best over a primer.  Of course, this does provide a very nice swipe of gold for a quick and easy eye-brightening look.

You can purchase the Bare Minerals High Shine Eyeshadows HERE.  Do you need this?  No.  If you have any other golds you should be fine.  Given the choice again, I probably wouldn't buy it.


XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment