Saturday, November 24, 2012

Michael Kors just doesn't hit the right notes with his self-named perfume

Today I want to tell you about an eau de parfum sample that I got recently with a Sephora order.  This is Michael Kors by Michael Kors and well....


I really don't like it.  There's something....old about it?  Not old but just mature.  Much more mature than what I'd wear.


More mature than what I'd expect my mother to wear.  Facts are facts - this is what I think of as a "grandma" perfume.


I sure wish I liked it more because this sample was generous.  Unfortunately, I just don't see myself wearing it.  The smell is a bit cloying.  Here's how Sephora describes it:


"Michael Kors is tuberose reinvented. Creamy florals explode into exotic spices, tamed by Moroccan incense. A fragrant creation with a wealth of personality that will capture the heart of every woman."

Notes:
Dewy Freesia, Tamarind, Chinese Osmanthus, Incense, Fresh Tuberose, White Wings Peony, Blue Orris, Arum Lilies, Cashmere Woods, Musk, Vetiver Haiti.
Style:
Sophisticated and sensual, warm and wearable.



I'm not sure what about it bothers me, but I guess the Freesia or the Tuberose.  Anyway, this is in my giveaway drawer.  Plus, I wish this had a spray top, not an open top.

I would pass on this one!  You can buy 1 fl oz for $50 HERE.


XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

This item was included as a freebie with my Sephora purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment