Saturday, November 24, 2012

Am I in a Purple Haze over this Urban Decay shadow's color?

Sephora finally put the discontinued Urban Decay shadows on sale (woot!) so you know I had to snap up a shade I had been eyeing for a while.


That would be Purple Haze!  Sephora describes it as "matte bright purple" but I'm a little confused about the pan I got...

Check out Temptalia's review of Purple Haze HERE.  Her swatches actually show a bright, matte grape kind of color.

Unfortunately, mine doesn't look anything like her swatches.  The label on the back of mine also seems to be a different color than her label.  Of course, this color is nice, but it isn't anything like what I was really hoping for from Purple Haze.





I actually really think my pan looks like Cult, which is described as "matte muted purple."  Look at Sephora's picture to see what I mean:
Cult
Photo taken from Sephora's website
See how much more my swatch looks like Cult?



It's ok, though - I do like this color.  Plus, it's the great quality we've come to expect from Urban Decay.  Unfortunately, I just don't feel like it's the right color.

Looks like Sephora is all sold out of their sale eyeshadows but you might be able to grab some in stores.  They're only $6 right now!


XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment