Friday, July 6, 2012

Did I just find a new HG product?!


Every makeup lover is on an eternal quest:  to find a Holy Grail product.*  The perfect foundation.  The perfect polish.  The perfect mascara.  The perfect orange lipstick.

Today I decided to drop by my local Sephora for a makeover.  Since I used henna to dye my hair red I've felt that my makeup doesn't quite match.  (More on henna in a later post.)  So, I happened to stumble upon the 1 year anniversary party of my Sephora!  There were professionals from Urban Decay (muh favesies!), Laura Mercier, Bumble and Bumble, Clarisonic, etc.  

I got partnered up with Charlie from Laura Mercier and she was super sweet and quiet.  She did a lovely, subdued purple eye on me.  So professional looking!  All products used were Laura Mercier but I didn't get names for them all.  (The brow pencil was Anastasia Beverly Hills.)




I ended up buying the product that she used in the outer V of my eye:  Baked Eye Colour - Wet/Dry in Violet Sky ($22 for 0.06 oz).  I think it's truly lovely as a wash and spectacular when used wet.










 Violet Sky
L- Dry; R - Wet


But back to the Holy Grail.  As I was navigating through the crowd I came upon selection of Charlotte Ronson products that I had never even noticed before.  There, in a small corner were four Starry Eyes Liquid Eyeshadows ($18 for 0.25 fl oz).  At first I thought, "GAK!  Look at this old, nasty, separated stuff!"  

EWW!

Upon closer inspection, I realized that there were pigments suspended in some sort of water combination.  I shook it up and pulled out the doe-footed applicator…and then MAGIC happened.



Starry Eyes Liquid Eyeshadow in Shiri
(Swatched with no primer)

Starry Eyes Liquid Eyeshadow in Shiri
(Swatched with no primer)


HOLY WOW!!!!

Now listen, I try not to be hyperbolic when it comes to certain things, including makeup.  But this is a miracle.  A beautiful golden-olive color?  With some kind of moss color creeping in?!  It's like someone melted down a dragon and put it in liquid form.

I am absolutely not exaggerating when I say that my jaw dropped and I started bouncing up and down.  I even started looking all around me thinking, "Where is someone that I can share this magic with?!"


For some reason I was chuckling about "Shake Vigorously."


I swatched the rest of the colors and they were all equally beautiful but I just couldn't drop the money on them without having tested them for wear.  So, I'm going to test out Shiri and make sure that the wear is good.  (I'll report back, I swear!)

I had no idea who Charlotte Ronson is but apparently she is related to Lindsay Lohan's ex, Samantha Ronson.  Whatever.  I don't care who she is or what she does as long as she keeps making this incredibly beautiful and innovative makeup.  

I also nabbed samples of two foundations:  MUF #117 HD Foundation ($42 for 1.01 fl oz) and Laura Mercier Creme Silk in Cream Ivory ($42 for 1.18 fl oz).  (Side note:  I got a compliment from a stranger on my "beautiful skin" after I left my makeover wearing the Laura Mercier Creme Silk.  She asked what I did to make it so lovely!)


L - MUF #117; R - Laura Mercier Creme Silk in Cream Ivory

I used 100 of my Beauty Insider points to pick up a 0.34 fl oz sample of Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum.  (I'll let y'all know how it works out!)





All in all, this was a success and I have a feeling that Shiri is about to become an HG product!

XOXO

-K

*(The beauty is that there really isn't such a thing as an HG product…we always keep moving on to bigger and better!  But shhh, don't spoil the fun!)


P.S.
Feel free to email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com or tweet me at OrangeLipstickK


All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment