Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fall Lemmings!

Fall collections are already starting up!  Yay!  Fall is the most exciting makeup time, I think.  Vampy colors are coming back into play along with deep bronzes, browns, earthy greens, burnished golds, and taupes.  LOVE.  I grow weary of the neons and electric colors of Summer collections.  (Plus, wearing my favorite deep eggplant color on my nails just doesn't feel right when it's a bajillion degrees outside.  In Fall?  Oh-so-right.)

What fall collections are you eyeing?  I'm lemming* really hard for the new Too Faced The Return Of Sexy Eye Shadow Palette.  I think the palette is elegant and comes with some really practical colors.  

It is $48 and according to Sephora's website:


This set contains:
- 15 x 0.035 Eye Shadows
- 0.04 oz Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Perfect Black
- 0.17 oz Deluxe Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer

I don't buy anything that expensive without having swatched it first so I'll
be on the hunt for it at my local Sephora so I can play with it before
purchasing.

You can check it out and purchase it HERE.

In the nail world, I'm loving the Fall collection that Zoya has put out.  I don't have any Zoya polishes yet but I'm going to remedy that ASAP.  Zoya Daul and Zoya FeiFei from the Fall 2012 Diva collection are calling to me! You can check out AMAZING swatches of these two gems at a blog named Scrangie.  This is one of my all-time favorite beauty blogs.  Check it out HERE.

These beauties won't be available on the Zoya website until July 15, according to Scrangie.  Not sure if I'll order from there or if I'll scout them out in Ulta.

In the "Fall collections I want to love but just don't" category is Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Collection for Fall 2012 and the new-for-Fall Urban Decay Smoked Eyeshadow Palette ($49).  Even though the Smoked Palette's shimmery emerald color Loaded is softly saying my name, I just can't shell out $49 for one color.

(Images taken from the Bobbi Brown and Urban Decay websites.)

What Fall goodies are giving you major lemmings?  What are you "meh" about?  Are you eager for Summer to stick around or are you dying for Fall?XOXO

-K

P.S.
Feel free to email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com or tweet me at OrangeLipstickK


*Lemming is a beauty term for desperately wanting a product!  For example, "Ever since I saw those NARS blush swatches on Temptalia I've been totally lemming!"


No comments:

Post a Comment