Monday, July 9, 2012

Will you find a match with L'Oréal Lumi?



One of my biggest hesitations with drugstore foundations is the risk of missing your color match.  There is nothing more frustrating than picking up a bottle of foundation only to get it home and realize it is SO WRONG for your skin.  This is made worse by the fact that you can't return it.  Bummer.

So how much am I loving this sample-stuffed display of the new L'Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup?!







(Sorry the pictures are sub-par - I had to use my phone's camera.  You can click on each picture to make it larger.)

The new makeup comes in 15 shades:  five warm, five neutral, and five cool shades.  Walgreens has these for $12.99 for 1 fl oz.  There should be something for most people to love here.  Darker-skinned ladies may have some problems, unfortunately.

Check out the swatches:



Top row (Warms):  W1-2 Porcelain/Light Ivory, W3 Nude Beige, W4 Natural Beige, W5 Sand Beige, W6 Sun Beige
Middle row (Neutrals):  N1-2 Soft Ivory/Classic Ivory, N3 Natural Buff, N4 Buff Beige, N5 True Beige, N7-8 Classic Tan/Cappuccino 
Bottom row (Cools):  C3 Creamy Natural, C4 Shell Beige, C5 Classic Beige, C6 Soft Sable, C7-8 Nut Brown/Cocoa

To the right of the 15 swatches is a swatch of the new L'Oréal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in Light ($10.99 for 1 fl oz).  It's crazy!  It starts out white with gray grit in it.  Then, as you rub it into your skin it starts to release the color.  This swatch is quite heavy and I'd say it looks a little pinker in person.  I'm afraid it would be too dark on my face.

Plus, let us all remember that American BB creams are muuuuuch more like tinted moisturizers than actual Korean BB creams.  If you are a newbie to BB creams, please spend some time researching the ah-mahzing blog Musings of a Muse.  She has fabulous reviews of ALL KINDS of BB creams HERE.

I promise that I'll review two Skin 79 BB creams ASAP but for now, rely on the Muse! 

Will you be trying out the new L'Oréal samples?  Do you see a color that could work for you?  Have any experience with BB creams?  

XOXO

-K

P.S.
Feel free to email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com or tweet me at OrangeLipstickK

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for the skin swatches pictures. I've been dying to see what C6 and N7-8 looked like out of the bottle, before I purchased it.

    ReplyDelete