Friday, July 6, 2012

Essence Stay With Me doesn't pop


Essence Stay With Me Longlasting Lipgloss

I'm all for cheap thrills when it comes to makeup (and OK, maybe life, too!).  So I couldn't resist picking up two Essence Stay With Me Longlasting Lipglosses at $2.29.  I nabbed a "true red" with 07 Kiss Kiss Kiss and what I call a "Barbie pink" with 04 Trendsetter.  I was a little intimidated to be honest but figured they were worth a shot.  (I picked up a third deep berry color but it is MIA.  I'll swatch it when I find it!)

Essence Stay With Me Longlasting Lipgloss
Top - 04 Trendsetter; Bottom - 07 Kiss Kiss Kiss

 07 Kiss Kiss Kiss

 04 Trendsetter

Let's start by looking at the amazing applicator.  It's round at the base and tip and narrow in the middle.  It works well for people like me who have a fairly large lower lip and small top lip.  You can use the side of the applicator to cover your entire bottom lip easily and use the tip to cover your top lip!  Anyway, I adore the applicator.

And the consistency?  Perfect!  They're not too thin and runny but not too thick and goopy either.  These are my idea of perfect.


  07 Kiss Kiss Kiss

  07 Kiss Kiss Kiss

  04 Trendsetter
  04 Trendsetter

  L- 07 Kiss Kiss Kiss; R - 04 Trendsetter

Don't those swatches look yummy?  They look just juicy!  But unfortunately…

  07 Kiss Kiss Kiss
  07 Kiss Kiss Kiss

  04 Trendsetter
04 Trendsetter


The beautiful swatches just don't carry over to my lips.  They seem to get lost and don't impart much color.  Trendsetter does a better job than Kiss Kiss Kiss, as you can see.

So would I pick them up?  If you're feeling the urge to indulge and don't want to blow the bank I'd go for it.  They are worth it for the brilliant applicator and wonderful consistency.

-K


P.S.
Feel free to email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com or tweet me at OrangeLipstickK

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment