Monday, February 18, 2013

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream is *totally not* a BB cream!

Everyone knows I love BB creams!  (Check out my other reviews HERE!)


So I couldn't resist grabbing a bottle of Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream in Fair to Light.  I have to be excited about an oil-free BB cream since the Korean ones usually have oil.


I grabbed this from a CVS aisle thinking it was $8, but when I got to the counter it rang up as $13.  Turns out they had mispriced them on the shelf but the great people at CVS gave it to me for the discounted rate anyway!


This promises six "skin perfecting benefits": refreshes, brightens, evens tone, hydrates, smoothes, protects.


With an SPF 15 level, I have to say the "protect" claim is pretty dismal.  (Especially when you consider that you would have to wear a lot to protect your face fully.)


I wish I could rave this harder...but it's just not a BB cream.  It's more like a barely tinted sunscreen.  I don't even want to call it a tinted moisturizer!  I feel like this does a nice job blurring some minor imperfections, but it really doesn't provide any coverage at all.


This feels nice, silky, and light on skin but don't expect coverage and don't expect staying power.  This starts to fade after about two hours so touch-ups are necessary.


Unfortunately, this turns to Shine City literally 45 seconds after application.  Powder is a MUST with this product.  So, using powder kind of ruins the idea of applying more later.

Still, on days where my skin is looking particularly good I can get away with this.  I also like to use this on the weekends when I'm going for a "no makeup" look but still want to have some minor coverage.

Have you tried it?  Love it?  Let me know!


XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment