Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Black + Pink = ....Purple?! It's true with today's EOTD!

So last night in a fit of desperate creativity, I decided to start working on some dramatic eye looks.  Sure, everyone can love a shimmery gold or matte beige but what should you do about that electric hot pink eyeshadow?  I'm on a quest to develop some stunning looks that are definitely not office appropriate.


So, here's a little math lesson for you!  Black + hot pink = purple!  I had first read this on Makeup and Beauty Blog so I finally decided to try it!

Here's what I came up with:


My camera doesn't do it justice but it looked much more dramatic in person.  Here it is with different lighting:



I wish I had step by step instructions to show you what I did, but here's what I used:
Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary palette, Essence pigment in Alice Had a Vision - Again,
and Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Liner in Perversion

I used the following shades:  Junkshow, Blackout, Deep End, Vanilla, and Omen.  (For those keeping track - that's the matte black, hot pink, shimmery purple, turquoise, and shimmery pale yellow.)


I love Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners - they are the most fantastic thing ever invented in the makeup world!


This Essence pigment is so incredibly beautiful and was super cheap - I can't remember how much but I'm pretty sure it was about $3.


You have to love the matte, super-black line that Perversion gives!

Alice Had a Vision - Again with flash
So what did I do?  After applying a primer I applied Blackout all over my lids.  Next, I layered Junkshow on top to create that gorgeous purple.  Then, I lined my lids and waterline with Perversion and used a smudger brush to blend it out.  (I applied Alice Had a Vision - Again over the liner for more drama!)  I used a crease brush to blend Junkshow up to a little bit below my browbone.  Then I used Omen under my eyes and a tiny bit of Deep End on the outer V of my lid.  A tiny bit of Vanilla on the inner corner of my lid plus some Junkshow in the inner corner.  Voila!  Not too difficult!


I love this look and plan to make it even more dramatic next time!


XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment