Monday, December 3, 2012

Workplace-appropriate, neutral nails!

I've mentioned before that I'm lucky to work at a place that is pretty liberal in terms of clothing, hair, makeup, and nails.  Well, I have a fairly important meeting tomorrow so I need to wear something neutral on my nails.  What to do?!
   

Well, I asked my mom if I could borrow her bottle of OPI Bubble Bath.  This is my mom's Holy Grail product and it always makes me think of her when I wear it or see a bottle somewhere.  



Bubble Bath is a sheer, pinky nude color.  



There's no denying that this is a wonderful neutral that's appropriate for even the most conservative workplace.

My only problem is that it tends to get a bit sticky and thick. I couldn't get it to settle evenly.  I don't know how my mom makes it work but her application is always flawless and smooth!




My next choice was Revlon Nail Enamel in Crème Brûlée.  For some reason, I got a wonky bottle where all the writing was bunched together.  See the gold squiggly line?  Yeah, that's the text - lol!



This color is a shimmery, pale champagne color.  If you're not careful, you can end up with streaky brushstrokes.  Just apply sparingly and you'll be ok!




Crème Brûlée is the ultimate workplace-appropriate polish!  Seriously, you could wear this anywhere.




I ended up going with Crème Brûlée because I decided to wear a red top tomorrow.  I think pink Bubble Bath would look wrong with a red top.


You can buy Revlon Crème Brûlée HERE for $4.99.  You can find OPI Bubble Bath in Ulta stores.

XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

Revlon Crème Brûlée was purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.  OPI Bubble Bath was borrowed from Mama Orange Lipstick! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment