Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Get into a state of zen with Kat Von D pigment in Meditation

Ok, can I make a confession?  I have zero experience with pigments.  Seriously.  I have no idea how I'm supposed to use them.  Pigments are just a big, scary realm of the makeup world that I haven't entered yet...

Until now.  That's right - I picked up a Kat Von D True Romance pigment in Meditation on Black Friday.  It was on super-duper clearance for only $7.  I check Sephora's website and I don't see them posted anymore.  Boo.  I imagine you might can still scoop some up in stores or you can find them on Amazon HERE.


Why haven't I used pigments before?  Well, for one thing, what should I apply them with?  Brushes?  Sponge-tip applicators?  Wet or dry?  Do I need a bonding or mixing agent?  


Seriously, I had no idea.  So I figured I would bite the bullet and try this one since this color makes me do grabby hands every time I see it.  Seriously, bronzy rose gold?  Yeah, I'm on it.  Alllllll over it.


This pigment comes in a hefty 0.17 oz jar with a sifter top.  The beautiful packaging is part of the allure of Kat Von D for me.


Ahh, perfection!  I dove right in and just used a sponge-tip applicator to apply dry to my lids.  I applied over Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP) but I always use UDPP because of my oily lids.

This stayed put with zero creasing or fading.  After nine hours it was still packing a punch!  Love it!
  

I tried to compare this to other colors in my stash and even though I have similar ones I definitely don't have an exact dupe.  From left to right this is:  

Kat Von D Meditation, 2nd shade in the Lorac Satisfying Toffee Crunch palette, Urban Decay Sin, Urban Decay Toasted (probably the closest dupe), Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells eyelid shade, Wet n Wild Comfort Zone left eyelid shade, Prestige Cosmetics Knockout

I suppose you should check your stash before purchasing to see if you have anything similar.  For $7 this is a great addition; however, I wouldn't be comfortable paying the almost $20 I'm seeing in other places.  Yes, this is a nice shade but you could put $20 toward a much larger set that contains lots of shades.

XOXO

-Kaitlin

Email me at orangelipstickblog@gmail.com
Tweet me at OrangeLipstickK
Find me on Facebook at Orange Lipstick Blog

All items were purchased by Orange Lipstick for personal use and review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment